If you’re trying to weigh the pros and cons of a new roof or another roof repair, there are some things you should know about new roofing materials and Orlando roofers. Like so many other durable goods, technological improvements have made a difference in how a shingle performs under even extreme weather conditions like those we see in Orlando. Here are some things you should know.
All Shingles are Not Created Equally
Many homes in the are have older 3-tab shingles. These were the primary type of shingle installed on most stock-built homes throughout the building boom in Orlando. Over the past few decades, shingle technology has improved just like so many other technologies. If you’re looking for a new roof, consider some of these benefits in many of the new architectural style shingles:
- Impact resistance – New shingles resist damage from hail and flying debris during a hurricane.
- Fire resistance – Most shingles today are Class A fire rated.
- Stain fighting – If one of the things you dislike in your shingles is the staining and streaking, look for algae or stain fighting technology in your new shingles.
- Wind resistance – Depending on the manufacturer, you can get a shingle with wind resistance up to 130mph – that’s more than a category 3 hurricane wind speed!
Neither Are Roofing Companies
Some Orlando roofers are here just because of a storm. Others went bankrupt last year and started up under a different name. As you look at the many Orlando roofers installing new roofs, look at the following before hiring one:
- Manufacturer certifications
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) and other site ratings & reviews
Orlando roofers must be licensed. They also must carry insurance. However, some pull permits under another company’s license, while others don’t pull them at all. If the roofing company you’re considering doesn’t have both workman’s compensation and liability insurance, call another company.
Of all the Orlando roofers, Russ Noyes Roofing has one of the best and longest histories in the area. We’ve been a local roofing company for over a decade and carry full liability and workman’s compensation insurance. And we’re properly licensed and always pull permits. You’ll find we have great reviews and are A+ rated by the BBB. We’re also a GAF Master Elite™ roofing contractor which means you’re eligible for the Golden Pledge™ Warranty from GAF.
If you want to talk to one of the best Orlando roofers, call us at 407-388-7700 or fill out our contact form. We’ll help you choose the right roof for your home and budget and get it installed properly. We even guarantee it.